Jane made Polenta with Meat Sauce in the Gilmore Park Church Community Kitchen. I love to go to Jane’s kitchen as she has lots of stories and experiences to share especially about her marriage and her life experiences in Italy.
Polenta is made with corn meal. Corn meal comes in fine and coarse texture. You may use either according to your preference. The Polenta can be cooked on the stove which takes about half an hour or cooked using microwave in less than 15 minutes. Fine corn meal may takes less time.
Allocate about 1/4 cup of corn meal per person.
- Corn meal for the polenta
- Water, about 3 to 4 times of the amount of polenta used. For example, 3 cups of water for 1 cup of corn meal
Ingredients for meat sauce
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 carrot, scrapped and finely grated
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can crushed tomato
- salt and pepper to taste
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese