Tanni made a dessert in the Gilmore Park Church Community Kitchen after Jane’s Polenta with Meat Sauce is ready. Tanni made a batch of the Coffee Jello the day before as it takes some time to set in the refrigerator.
The Coffee Jello is a great dessert especially after lunch. It’s not recommended for after dinner unless you use decafenated coffee. Tanni served the Coffee Jello with some homemade red bean paste and evaporated milk. I love the texture of the homemade red bean paste.
- 5 tablespoons instant coffee
- 1/2 cup sugar or more according to your preference
- 7 1/2 cups water, divided
- 1 teaspoon Brandy (optional)
- 50g (or 5 tablespoons) gelatin powder
- red bean paste for topping
- evaporated milk for topping