Minoo made Mash Potatoes as a side to go along with the Cheesy Fish and Spinach Casserole. Everyone has their own way of flavouring Mash Potatoes and Minoo’s recipe is flavoured with shallots and garlic.
Minoo’s Mash Potatoes is creamy and fragrant and a little garlicky. It is garnished with green onions. You may substitute the garnish with chives instead. This recipe serves 6.
- 6 medium potatoes, peel and cube
- 4 medium shallots, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- green onion (green part only) or chives, chopped for garnishing
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter or oil
- pinch of nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste