The next dish which the South Arm Cooking Club for Seniors made is a bean soup. Soup is comfort food especially in the colder fall and winter. This bean soup is adapted from Cara Brunetti Hillyard and it serves 6. Chris and Paul made this soup.
Chris and Paul made two versions of this bean soup. One is the creamy version while another is the broth version. The creamy version is smooth while the broth version has more texture to it. The soup is very filing too with the beans as a source of protein.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups chopped onions (about 2 medium)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 5 cups low-salt chicken broth
- 2 x 15 to 16-ounce cans white beans, drained
- 2 x 15 to 16-ounce cans garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained
- 1 x 6-ounce package baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh sage
- grated Parmesan cheese