June and Keiko made Corn Muffins to go with the Hamburger Soup in the South Arm Cooking Club for Seniors. June is a pioneer volunteer for the South Arm Cooking Club for Seniors while Keiko is a new member.
This Corn Muffin has corn kernels in it which adds a little surprise and sweetness to it. You may add diced green chiles in it for the extra kick.
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons honey or sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1 can diced green chiles, drained