When I asked Minoo about the origin of this dish, she told me it’s a combination of Persian’s Baba Ganouj (an eggplant dip) and Greek Hummus, hence the name Baba Gha-Hummus.
Minoo is not sure of the source of this recipe as she has a huge repertoire of recipes collection.
Prep time: 45 mins; Yield: 3 cups
- 1 large eggplant
- 3 tablespoons tahini (sesame-seed paste)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained