Helmut and Paul made this Carrot, Ginger and Orange Soup in the South Arm Cooking Club for Seniors for take home purpose.
This Carrot, Ginger and Orange Soup freezes beautifully. So, make a big batch and freezes them in single portion container for later meals when you are too busy to cook or on the run.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced or chopped with a food processor
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, optional
Source: adapted from Many Hands
Prep time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 40 minutes; Serves 4