The South Arm Cooking Club for Seniors whipped up a south western theme meals. To start off, Sydney, Chris and Frank made a Turkey Corn Chili.
This is a good recipe for times when you’ve leftovers chicken or turkey. Adjust the amount of broth according to your preferred thickness.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked chicken or turkey, diced
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 (32 ounce) can diced or crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 scallions, white and greens, chopped
- salt to taste
Source: adapted from Rachel Ray
Prep time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 15 minutes; Serves 4 to 6