Minoo served the Pasta with Tomato Paste and Peas with a side dish of salad. Minoo got some extra spinach from the South Arm Community Garden managed by the seniors. The freshly picked organic spinach was ultra sweet.
This Spinach and Strawberry Salad is sweet and appetizing.
- 1 (10 to 12-ounce) package of baby spinach, washed and dried.
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 8 strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 cucumber, peeled and finely diced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
Prep time: 20 minutes; Serve 4
- In a large salad bowl, add the spinach, almonds, strawberries and cucumber and toss together.
- To prepare the dressing: combine the lemon juice, vinegar, sugar, oil and poppy seeds in a small measuring cup or jar with a tight fitting lid. Whisk together in the measuring cup or shake if using a jar.
- Dress the salad right before serving.