Michelle prepared a Green Greek Salad for South Arm Cooking Club for Seniors as a side dish. Most Greek salads have heavy oil dressing. For this salad, it has a lighter dressing with lemon juice and vinegar.
The use of romaine lettuce adds more nutrition to this Green Greek Salad. Michelle word of wisdom is to use lettuce in darker greens for more nutritional value.
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, washed, thinly sliced and spin dry using a salad spinner or dry with paper towels
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup feta, crumbled
- up to 1 cup olives, cut up
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
Source: via Michelle
Serves: 8 to 10
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk or shake dressing ingredients together in a small container. Pour over green salad just before serving.
A used jam jar makes a good shaker for dressing.