It’s a double dessert day at the South Arm Cooking Club for Seniors. Michelle also prepared a Cream Cheese and Lemon Muffins in her mission to use up the cream cheese in stock.
I really enjoyed these Cream Cheese and Lemon Muffins. It is moist, lemony and there are chunks of cream cheese in it.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 package (4 oz/125 gram) cream cheese, cut into bits
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Source: via Michelle
Yield 8 muffins
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add cream cheese bits and gently mix.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, milk, oil, lemon rind and lemon juice.
- Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Spoon batter into 8 greased (or paper cup lined) muffin cups.
- Bake in the center of a 350F preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until the tops are firm to the touch.
- Brush glaze over hot muffins.