Instead of crusty bread, Michelle served the Creamy Kale and Vegetable Soup with Cheddar Chive Scones. It is just a perfect marriage, creamy soup with cheese scone.
This is a scone recipe that does not have tons of butter. The fat comes from the cheese and heavy cream.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (or 1 1/2 cups unbleached plus 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 1/2 cups grated medium to sharp cheese
- 2 cups heavy cream, plus more for brushing