The South Arm Older Adults Cooking Club met again for another fun cooking session.
Michelle picked this Endive, Arugula and Orange Salad to introduce a vegetable which we seldom use which is endive. Endive has a slight bitter taste which is nicely balanced by the sweet orange and peppery flavor of arugula.
Michelle also pointed out that endive is great to be used as a vessel to serve food.
- 2 medium-size seedless oranges
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons walnut oil or olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 4 medium-size heads Belgian endive
- 1 large bunch arugula, ends trimmed
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
Source: this recipe is from Bon Appetit; April 1996