Michelle served the Coconut Lentil Curry with Cumin Basmati Rice in the South Arm Older Adults Cooking Club.
This is another recipe from Vij’s Elegant and Inspired Indian Cuisine by Vikram vij & Meeru Dhalwala.
- 2 cups basmati rice (we used Jasmin rice as this is the rice available in the kitchen pantry)
- 3 cups cold water for soaking
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (ir canola oil)
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 3 3/4 cups water for cooking
Source: Vij’s Elegant and Inspired Indian Cuisine by Vikram vij & Meeru Dhalwala