This Superfoods Salad was made for last year’s South Arm fund raiser for the food bank and it was sold out very quickly. Michelle decided to make it at the South Arm Older Adults Cooking Club since it has not be made in the kitchen before.
This Superfoods Salad is good for a few days in the refrigerator. It is great for potluck too. This ecipe makes approximately 8 to 10 servings. For home consumption, it is recommended to halve the recipe.
- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed for a few times
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 cup green lentils (preferably small French green lentils)
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 1/2 bunch kale, finely chopped
- 1/4 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Source: via South Arm Cooking Club for Older Adults
Makes approximately 8 to 10 servings.