Minoo shared a delicious Zucchini Cake in the South Arm Multicultural Community Kitchen.
We ate the Zucchini Cake as it is. However, to kick it up a notch, you can frost the cake with a cream cheese frosting.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups of powdered sugar
Beat together the cream cheese and butter. Add the powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Frost and serve.
Minoo shared the following health benefits of zucchini to the participants of the community kitchen.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups white, granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 cups (from about 3 to 4 regular sized zucchini) grated un-peeled zucchini; Place grated zucchini in a sieve and press out some of the excess liquid before measuring.
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup golden raisin
Source: South Arm Community Kitchen