For the last kitchen for the South Arm Older Adults Community Kitchen before the summer break, we made a Superfoods Salad which was a huge hit during the annual South Arm fund raiser to the food bank.
You can find the recipe of the Superfoods Salad here.
Anne shared a Curried Carrot Soup recipe in this last kitchen. Thank you, Anne for the delicious soup.
You can substitute coconut oil for the olive oil and butter to add coconut flavour to it. You can also add a full can of 398 ml coconut milk if you desire to tame the spice a bit or you can use a small can of 160 ml for a thicker and spicier soup.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons medium curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups peeled and sliced carrots
- 3 cups vegetable stock or broth
- 1 x 160ml can of coconut milk (or 1 x 398ml can if desired)
- optional: yogurt to serve
Makes about 1 liter