Minoo invited me back to the South Arm Multicultural Community Kitchen as there is a participant from Congo sharing a couple of recipes from her home country.
Marianne shared a Roasted Tilapia recipe in the kitchen. Marianne has been in Canada for five years; the first four years in Ontario and the last year in BC. She enjoys the milder weather of British Columbia.
Marianne (third from left) is planning to attend cooking school here and she joins the community kitchen to gain experience working in the kitchen.
- tilapia (Marianne had prepared 5 to 6 fish for the kitchen)
- 1 teaspoon garlic and ginger paste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 2 cubes Maggi seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons Mustard Mesquite seasoning
- 3 sweet peppers, cut into strips
- 4 roma tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 onion, cut into rings
- salt to taste
- 1 lemon for juice
- vegetable oil