This is another recipe from mintgreenapron.blogspot.com which Minoo shared in the South Arm Multicultural Community Kitchen.
The Orange ginger Crinkle Cookies have a distinct flavour from the molasses. According to Minoo, molasses is a good source of iron. Pregnant women and vegetarian who miss out iron from red meat can benefit from eating food made with molasses.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar (plus additional for rolling)
- 3 tablespoons neutral flavoured oil like grapeseed oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 1/2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest (or 1 teaspoon natural orange flavouring)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Source: mintgreenapron.blogspot.com who adapted the recipe from The Joy of Cooking: All About Cookies