For dessert we had Greek yogurt with Vanilla Almond Granola in the South Arm Women Community Kitchen.
One of the participant requested for a home-made granola recipe. So, Michelle shared this Almond Vanilla Granola recipe in this session. Michelle pointed out that granola made with honey tends to be darker than other sweetener like maple or agave syrup.
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds (or combo of nuts, seeds or coconut)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt (about 1/8 teaspoon)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup or 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil or any neutral oil
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- dried fruit (optional: add at the end)
Source: adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction.com
Yield 2 to 3 cups