Michelle prepared a Mexican theme meal for this South Arm Women Community Kitchen.
The first recipe is a Creamy Cilantro Lime Slaw. For this slaw recipe, Michelle used purple cabbage because it has more nutritional value than green cabbage. Although it’s a creamy dressing, the tanginess of the lime juice makes this salad very refreshing.
- 1 small head purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 heaping teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large handful cilantro, chopped
- 3 to 4 large scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 large jalapeno, stem and seeds removed, minced (optional)
- 1/2 cup honey Greek yogurt (we substituted with plain yogurt with added honey)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from one large lime)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest (from that same lime)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- pepper to taste
Source: this recipe is adapted from selfproclaimedfoodie.com, Krissy Allori
Yields: 8 servings