The praise dance group from RCEFC had a cake demo session during the spring break.
Agnes is kindly enough to open her house for the cake demo. She brought the above Sesame Chiffon Cake to one of the praise dance for sharing for the after dance snack break. It was a great hit and everyone was asking her how to make it. So, she decided to do a demo during the spring break.
The Sesame Chiffon Cake was light and fluffy and the sesame flavour came through.
- 6 egg whites
- 60 grams granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 5 egg yolks
- 30 grams granulated sugar
- 64 grams all purpose flour + 16 grams cornstarch or 80 grams cake flour
- a pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 25 grams ground black sesame
- 50 grams vegetable oil
- 80 ml milk
Source: this recipe is adapted from http://www.christinesrecipes.com