Heidi prepared this Thai Style Pickled Cucumber at home because the cucumber has to be marinated in the fridge overnight to bring out the flavour. This is a great side dish which can be prepared ahead of time. It stays good in the fridge for a week.
- 1 lb Japanese mini cucumber (more crunchy)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- 4 tablespoons pure cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot and parsley
- Cut the cucumber into 1cm x 4 cm sticks.
- Add salt and let sit for 30 minutes to extract the water from the cucumbers.
- Blanch the cucumbers in boiling water for 30 seconds and plunge them into iced water to stop the cooking.
- Pat dry the cucumbers.
- Place the cucumbers in a container and stir in the marinating ingredients.
- Keep in the fridge, covered, overnight.
This side dish is very appetizing. I enjoyed it very much.
This Post Has 0 Comments
Don’t know if you’ve seen this already but if not Yu might be interested in this website.
It’s got about 30 recipes each one with a cooking video to go along
Good if you like to try cooking Thai food at home
Cat is going to go crazy when she sees this recipe. She loved this dish. Thanks, Suanne!