Heidi prepared this Thai Style Pickled Cucumber at home because the cucumber has to be marinated in the fridge overnight to bring out the flavour. This is a great side dish which can be prepared ahead of time. It stays good in the fridge for a week.
- 1 lb Japanese mini cucumber (more crunchy)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- 4 tablespoons pure cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot and parsley
- Cut the cucumber into 1cm x 4 cm sticks.
- Add salt and let sit for 30 minutes to extract the water from the cucumbers.
- Blanch the cucumbers in boiling water for 30 seconds and plunge them into iced water to stop the cooking.
- Pat dry the cucumbers.
- Place the cucumbers in a container and stir in the marinating ingredients.
- Keep in the fridge, covered, overnight.
This side dish is very appetizing. I enjoyed it very much.