This is about the only dish that has the least Greek element in it, except for the feta cheese. The only similarity with the other dishes is that it is adapted from the same source, i.e. Bon Appetit. This recipe serves 4.
Karen and Lorna worked together to make this Carrot Orzo side dish.
Orzo is almost like a risotto. This creamy orzo is a quick to make and delicious side-dish. It does not need the laborious stirring in making a risotto.
- 8 ounces peeled baby carrots (about 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 1 cup orzo (rice-shaped pasta; about 8 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups low-salt chicken broth
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary