Hummus is a popular Greek dip. I must warn you in advance that if you are going for a date, refrain from eating too much hummus as the raw garlic after taste is going to ruin your date.
June and Christina partnered to make this Creamy Hummus in the South Arm Cooking Club for seniors. This recipe is adapted from Cooking Light and it serves 4.
For a truly creamy hummus, it’s important to blend the tahini with water and lemon juice first; this allows it to emulsify, and gives the hummus its fabulous texture. This Creamy Hummus is best served with some pita chips.
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 (19oz) can chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper