It is obvious that a Greek menu must have Greek Salad.
This Greek Salad recipe is adapted from Bon Appetit and it makes about 4 1/2 cups. June and Christina made this delightful salad.
The Greek Salad is colourful and is a terrific accompaniment for the Grilled Chicken, Red Onion and Mint Kebabs. The saltiness from the olives and feta cheese gives this salad it’s distinctive taste.
- 3/4 pound tomatoes, seeded, diced (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups diced seeded peeled cucumber (from about 1 large cucumber)
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper (from about 1 large bell pepper)
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives or other brine-cured black olives, halved
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 2 ounces)