Besides the bok choy dishes, Minoo also prepared a hearty salad for the South Arm Community Kitchen. The highlight of this salad is in the use of roasted garlic. Garlic is used in almost every culture as a home remedy to treat parasites, infections and even high blood pressure.
This Potato and Greens with Roasted Garlic Salad has all the necessary food groups in it. It can be served a brunch item.
- 2 or 3 whole garlic bulb
- 8 large free-range eggs, hard boiled
- 2 pounds red potatoes
- 1 bag of mix greens, wash and dry
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- pinch of dry thyme
- 2 cups kefir (a bubbly fermented milk product)
- 8 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Herbamare to taste
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
Herbamare is blend of organic celery, leek, watercress, onions, chives, parsley, lovage, garlic, basil, marjoram, rosemary, thyme, and kelp.
Prep time: 40 minutes; Serves 8
This Post Has 0 Comments
The egg peeling method is interesting but seems quite unhygienic, as you’re blowing saliva as well as air at your food (even if you can’t see the spit).