This is another recipe shared by Marian in the South Arm Cooking Club for Seniors. This is Marian’s way to incorporate vegetables into her daughters’ diet. Marian also has fussy eaters in her household like mine.
These Zucchini and Cheddar Muffins are moist and cheesy. They are savoury and not sweet. You can replace the zucchinis with carrots. These savoury muffins are perfect for lunch boxes.
- 2 medium size zucchinis, trim ends and grate coarsely
- 125 gram cheddar, grated
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 medium eggs
- 3/4 cup soy milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
Please note that the baking soda should not be in the photo above.
Yield 12 muffins.