The community kitchen met again at Gilmore Park Church. Minoo prepared 4 recipes for this kitchen.
For the main dish, Minoo prepared a Sweet Pepper and Kale Pasta. Minoo tried to incorporate the usage of kale in the recipes in the community kitchen. You can check out the nutritional value of kale in this Kale and White Bean Soup post.
This recipe uses fresh tomatoes as they are in season and are really cheap. Due to the mild summer, tomatoes are harvested late this year.
- 1 x 8 ounce package uncooked farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 4 to 6 tomatoes
- 1 cup roughly chopped kale leaves, discard the stem as they are tough and bitter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch dried basil
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
Source: via Minoo