Lez served the Mexican Potato Empanadas with a side dish of Mexican Refried Beans.
Lez used a mixture of beans for the Refried Beans.
- 2 1/2 cups dry beans, cooked
- 1/4 cup water (from the water you cook the beans)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt to taste
- Parmesan cheese for garnishing
|Lez precooked the beans the night before as it takes a long time to cook the beans, about 2 to 2 1/2 hours.Lez used a combination of beans for this recipe.
Mash the beans with a potato masher.
|Saute onions in a pan with 2 tablespoons of oil until soft.
|Add the mashed beans and cooked until a rough puree.
Add more water if necessary.
Season with salt to taste.