It’s been a while I did not attend the South Arm Multicultural Community Kitchen. The reason is Minoo usually repeats the menu there. Since I attend the community kitchen in Gilmore Park Church, I do not need to attend the one in South Arm. However, there will be a change in the schedule of the community kitchens from now on. The Gilmore Park Church community kitchen will shift to Tuesday due to conflict of Minoo’s other program schedule. Hence, I will only be able to attend the South Arm community Kitchen and the Senior Kitchen from now on.
Today’s main course is Fettuccine with Mushroom Cream Cheese Alfredo Sauce. Minoo used whole wheat fettuccine for a healthy version.
- 2 tablespoons butter for frying mushroom
- 1 pack of mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter for making the sauce
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 6 oz grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil leaves or 1 teaspoon of dried ones
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Source: this recipe is adapted from Allrecipes