For desert, Colleen prepared a breakfast cookies recipe. Well, there is no Mexican flavours in this recipe.
The Oat and Fruit Breakfast Cookies are high in fiber just like the Jicama Salad and Black Bean Soup with Citrus Fruit. It is soft and chewy. This is a wholesome cookie that can occasionally take the place of a real breakfast.
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (ignore if you use salted butter)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup grated peeled apples
- 2 1/3 cups rolled oats or quick cooking oats
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/3 cup currants
Currants, also known as Zante currants come from Black Corinth grapes (sometimes called Champagne grapes). Like raisins, they have a significant amount of fiber, iron and potassium.
Source: via Colleen
Yield 16 large cookies
P/S: the kitchen doubled the recipe