For the last kitchen of the season, the South Arm Seniors’ Kitchen decided to have a BBQ theme. Unfortunately, the weather was not as warm as desired, so, we prepared the food indoor instead of an outdoor BBQ.
The first recipe is a Black Bean Mango Salad. The twist to this pretty common salad is the use of BBQ sauce as dressing. It seemed to be a weird combination but it turned out really great.
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/3 cups Peaches & Cream corn (we used frozen corn)
- 1/2 yellow peppers, diced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 ripe mango, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce (spicy preferred)
- 1 lime, juiced
Source: via Colleen
|In a large bowl, stir together all the ingredients.|
|Squeezed lime juice over the mixture.|
|Add BBQ sauce and toss to coat evenly.
You can serve the salad on a large romaine lettuce leaf on individual plates, or just in a salad bowl.