The Richmond Community Kitchens resumed in September. We are looking forward for the learning, eating and fellowship.
Minoo came up with recipes with ingredients that she collected in her Community Supported Agriculture Box Program (CSA) for this summer. The Zucchini Green Bean Soup turns out to like ratatouille.
One of the ingredient in her CSA box is the above giant zucchini. The Sharing farm also gave her some green beans to be used in the community kitchens. In fact the bean is not just green but came in shades of purple. The zebra like purple bean is called Heirloom Bean.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch section
- 1/4 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1/2 pound zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 pound potato, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1 x 28 ounces can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- salt and pepper to taste
P/S: Italian parsley is missing from the photo of ingredients.
Source: this recipe is adapted from food.com
Serves 6 to 8