Michelle loves to roast vegetables like cauliflower, kale, green bean, etc as the high heat and short cooking time brings out the caramelization and yet retain the nutrition.
Michelle shared the above Roasted Green Beans with Red Onion and Walnuts in the South Arm Older Adults Kitchen.
- 1 pound green beans, stem ends snapped off, rinse and pat dry
- 1/2 medium red onion, cut into 1/2″ thick wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- 2 medium thin-sliced garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup toasted and chopped walnuts
Source: Cook’s Illustrated