Instead of just plain chopped tomato, you can serve the Spiced Lentil Tacos with Fresh Salsa.
The jalapeno adds a kick to the Fresh Salsa. You can also serve fresh salsa with tortilla chips or as a condiment for grilled steak or shrimp.
- 2 medium tomatoes, roughly chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 small white onion, diced small (2/3 cup)
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- coarse salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
Source: Everyday Food, June 2010
- In a medium bowl, stir together tomatoes, white onion, jalapeno, garlic and fresh lime juice.
- Season with coarse salt and pepper and stir to combine. Let sit at least 15 minutes (or, covered, up to 4 hours).
- Stir in cilantro leaves just before serving.
This Post Has One Comment
Pingback: Honey Ginger Lemonade |