I’m glad to be able to rejoin the South Arm Multicultural Community Kitchen after a long break, a year or more.
Minoo prepared three recipes for the first kitchen of 2014. The first recipe is Roasted Red Pepper Soup with Feta and Basil. The roasted red peppers give this soup a subtle sweet flavour that is enhanced by feta and basil. To save time, you could substitute cans or jars of roasted red peppers or sweet pimentos.
- 4 large red peppers, halved, cored and seeded or 1 pound (450g) jar roasted red peppers, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 14oz (400g) can chopped tomatoes
- 4 cups (1 liter) vegetable or chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, shredded or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- fresh basil leaves, to garnish
Source: via South Arm Multicultural Community Kitchen