The South Arm Older Adults Cooking Club resumed for the Fall session.
Michelle prepared a menu fills with whole food of local produce, brown rice and chicken.
The salad for the day is Greek Salad using local fresh produce like tomatoes, cucumber and green pepper. The fresh basil is from Michelle’s garden.
- 1 long English cucumber, cut in half lengthwise, remove seeds if necessary and chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 4 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- handful of kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- optional; 1 garlic clove, minced
- Combine all chopped vegetables in a large bowl.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients or shake in a cleaned jam jar, covered. Pour over vegetables and toss to combine. Top with feta.
We had a wonderful Greek meal.