The South Arm Community Kitchen made some Garlic-Parmesan Hasselback Zucchini with the zucchini donated by the Richmond Sharing Farm.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried ones
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 small zucchini
- 1/3 cup shaved Parmesan cheese, large pieces broken in half
Source: this recipe is adapted from Eating Well
Makes 4 servings
Serving size: 1 zucchini
|Combine garlic, oregano, olive oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside.|
|Shaved Parmesan cheese with a vegetable peeler.|
|Using the hasselback technique, cutting partially into a whole zucchini every 1/4 inch or so. You can use two wooden spoons or chopsticks on each side of the zucchini to help with the cutting to prevent accidentally cutting through.|
|Place the zucchini on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Brush the zucchini with the olive oil mixture.
|Place a slice of the shaved Parmesan in each slit.
Bake at a 425F oven 25 to 30 minutes or until zucchini is tender.