The second salad we made in the South Arm Community Kitchen with rotisserie chicken has Mexican flavour to it.
You can make this a vegetarian version by leaving out the rotisserie chicken but it still has protein in it in the form of black beans.
- 1 cup black beans (drain and rinse if using can beans)
- 1 cup finely chopped kale
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 avocado, sliced or diced
- 1/4 rotisserie chicken, shredded or chopped
- fresh cilantro (optional)
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon/lime juice
- ground cumin to taste
- chili powder to taste
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Source: South Arm Community Kitchen