I returned to the South Arm Community Kitchen after a long break. As usual, we whipped up three recipes for this meeting.
The first recipe is a Carrot Cumin Slaw. It is crunchy with a refreshing dressing with a spicy kick.
- 2 cups shredded cored green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded cored purple cabbage
- 3 carrots, peeled and coarsely grated (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- a large pinch of sugar
Source: this recipe is adapted from Martha Stewart