The main dish we made in the South Arm Kitchen is an Indian infused chickpea stir fry dish.
This Chickpea Kale Stir-Fry is simple to make and yet pack with nutrition. The flavour is bold and the ginger and cayenne gives this dish some spiciness. Serve the chickpea stir-fry with a dollop of lemony yogurt.
- 4 cups cooked or canned chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups finely chopped kale
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup hempseeds
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup plain, 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
Source: “One-Skillet Meals” alive #378, April 2014
For dessert, we made some Almond and Honey Cookies. You can find the recipe here.