Minoo prepared two recipes for the first meeting of Gilmore Park Church Community Kitchen for this fall season. The first recipe is a hand held breakfast or lunch item which is perfect for families on the go. These Ham and Cheese Muffins are savory instead of the regular sweet muffins.
These Ham and Cheese Muffins taste like quiche but they are easier to make. You can even make them ahead and they can be reheated quickly. It is also a good recipe to use your leftover bread.
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon each, salt and pepper
- 5 cups cubed whole grain bread (about 5 slices, trim off crust)
- 1 cup shredded Canadian Cheddar, Swiss or Colby cheese
- 1/2 cup diced deli ham
- 12 cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise or quarters if they are large.