Banana Split with Pineapple and Maple Walnuts
The South Arm Community Kitchen completed the meal with a dessert. Minoo prepared a Banana Split recipe with a twist.
This Banana Split with Pineapple and Maple Walnuts is just the right size and not as indulging as the version served at the stores. I like the portion size and the addition of the pineapples with a slight sourness to counter balance the sweetness of the ice-cream.
While we were enjoying our meal, Minoo shared with us some tips for a healthy lifestyle and a cleaner environment, starting from our own kitchen. Here is the link to the tips.
- 1 x 15 ounce can crushed pineapple, in natural juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, preferably freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 ripe, firm bananas
- 6 scoops vanilla light ice-cream or frozen yogurt, 1/4 cup each
- 6 fresh mint leaves, for garnishing, optional
- Maple Walnuts for toppings (refer Butternut Squash Soup with Maple Walnuts recipe)
Source: unknown via Minoo
Oh!, I learned something new about banana from a NCIS: Los Angeles show and it is also mentioned in Wikipedia.
Bananas are naturally slightly radioactive, more so than most other fruits. Small amounts of the isotope is found in naturally occurring potassium.