The South Arm Cooking Club for Seniors met again for more fun time cooking some wonderful recipes. For this week’s menu, Charlene prepared four recipes. The first recipe is Hamburger Soup, adapted from CookingNook.com.
The Hamburger Soup can be cooked on the stove top or in a slow cooker. This soup freezes extremely well. Simply ladle it into small plastic containers, label and freeze for up to 3 months.
Paul and Chris worked on this recipe. Chris is no stranger to this recipe as she often makes this soup at home.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 x 28oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 3 cans beef consommé soup (or beef broth)
- 4 carrots, chopped fine
- 3 stalks celery, chopped fine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup pearl barley
- parsley for garnishing
- salt and pepper to taste