The South Arm Multicultural Community Kitchen met again in the South Arm kitchen for another sharing and learning session.
Minoo briefed the group about the recipes she selected and talked about the nutritional values of the selected ingredients. Minoo selected ingredients that are rich in iron like lentil and spinach and ingredients that are high in fiber for this kitchen.
This week’s menu included a lentil soup, a quinoa salad and a dessert made with cassava.
The first recipe is a Lemon Lentil Spinach Soup from Mint Green Apron by Michelle Li. Michelle Li is the facilitator of the South Arm Seniors Kitchen.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1 1/2 cups green lentils or French green lentils, rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups vegetable broth (preferably organic)
- 2 cups chopped greens (spinach or arugula or combination of both)
Source: Mint Green Apron, Michelle Li
This Post Has One Comment
I make lentil soup regularly, but never with lemon. I’ll try it.