Michelle shared a popular yogurt drink in Indian restaurants in the South Arm Older Adults Kitchen.
Mango Lassi is a delicious combination of mangoes and yogurt that is cool and soothing. It is wonderful on hot summer days or as a compliment to spicy meals.
- 2 cups ripe mangoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar (or to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint leaves (optional)
- 3 cups crushed ice or ice cubes, use as needed
- Blend the mangoes, yogurt, milk and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Adjust sugar according to taste. Sugar amount will depend on the sweetness or sourness of the mango and yogurt.
- Add ice and cardamon powder and blend again. Add water to adjust consistency to your liking. The best lassi is slush-like.
- Pour in tall glass and garnish with mint leaf.
Tip: use ripe mangoes that have the least amount of fiber.
It was a great experience for the participants in this kitchen. A first timer trying Indian food loves it. Another finds it too spicy while the rest enjoy it.