This is a simple fruit salad made in the South Arm Women Community Kitchen for dessert.
The pomegranate adds colour and crunch to this wonder Winter Fruit Salad. If pomegranate is not in season, you can substitute it with berries.
- 2 crisp red skinned apples such as Fuji or Pink Lady, cored and diced
- 2 firm but ripe pears, cored and diced
- 2 oranges, peeled, membrane removed from each segment and cut into thirds
- the arils (seeds) of one pomegranate
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablepoon honey
- finely chopped a few fresh mint leaves
Source: This recipe is adapted from foodista.com
|Michelle brought an apple cutter for coring and cut the apples and pears into wedges.Dice the wedges and place them in a large bowl.Cut each orange supreme into thirds and add tho the apples and pears.
|Cut the pomegranate in half horizontally. Place one half cut side down in the palm of your hand over a medium bowl. With the back of a spoon whack the pomegranate thoroughly to loosen the arils. Continue with the other half. Pick out the white membrane. Add pomegranate arils to the other fruits.
|Add lemon juice to the fruit. This helps to prevent the fruit from browning.
|Add chopped mint leaves and honey and gently stir to combine.