The South Arm Multicultural Community Kitchen met again on a Wednesday. We made three healthy dishes from scratch.
The main dish is Chicken Strips. The baked chicken strip is a healthy version of finger food. Making chicken strips at home can help control salt content compared to buying ready made ones from grocery store or restaurant.
These baked chicken strips are lower in fat because they are baked and not deep fried.
You can freeze leftover chicken strips for another meal.
You can substitute chicken with fish.
- 1 pound chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- optional dipping sauce: honey mustard, Sriracha
Source: Food Skills for Families: Active Seniors
This Post Has One Comment
Pingback: Green Pea Salad |