The South Arm Community Kitchen made another scrumptious meal for this meet.
We made a Reduced Fat Caesar Salad with homemade croutons.
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- 1/2 cup light mayo
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large head of Romaine lettuce
- a few slices of toasted bread
Sauce: South Arm Community Kitchen
|To make croutons, toast some day old bread until crispy. Rub the toast with a piece of garlic. Cut the toast into bite size pieces.
|Tear the lettuce into bite size pieces and place in a large bowl.
|In a smaller bowl, combine hard boiled, egg, mayo, water, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, wine vinegar, garlic, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
|Blend the dressing until smooth and creamy.
This dressing can be refrigerated up to 3 days before serving.
|Add half of the dressing to the lettuce and toss. Add more dressing if needed.
|Top with the croutons. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese.
Chill before serving.